Monday Morning Learning – 24 August 2020
Published on 25 Aug '20
Facebook Provides New Tips to Help Improve Stories and Video Ads [Infographic]
Facebook has published a new set of tips on how marketers can improve their Stories and video ad content in order to better align with their key objectives.
And there are some valuable points of note, including:
– Stories ads with sound drive better results
– Adding stickers to static Stories ads is not effective
– Mobile-shot Stories outperform studio-shot ads
E.l.f. seeks brand ambassadors for first TikTok reality show
E.l.f. Cosmetics plans to introduce the first reality show on social video app TikTok, while giving creators a chance to represent the beauty brand. “Eyes. Lips. Famous.” will stream from the @elfyeah channel on TikTok starting in late September, an announcement said.
Facebook Evolving Trends Research: Mindful Wellness
Five key trends of note:
- Safer Shopping – Relating to new shopping measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, and the shift to eCommerce
- Mindful Wellness – More people are turning to calming recreational activities to counter the stress of the situation
- Glocal Community – The pandemic has brought communities closer, leading to an increase in support for local businesses
- Gen Z’s Regeneration – The pandemic has solidified Gen Z’s support of causes
- Connected Convenience – More people are relying on messaging to stay in touch, including with brands
We have tried wellness tips with AXA and it worked really well (best content across 4 months), so you can consider how these trends can be leveraged to create meaningful content for your audience.
TikTok creates more opportunities for people to find and tap on trends
TikTok’s discover page now showcases different trends on the platform, such as challenges, music and stickers. When people tap to view a challenge, they can see a small description of how to execute/participate in the challenge.
Facebook Provides Tips on How to Optimize Your Facebook Live Broadcasts
To maximize engagement for your stream, and drive optimal viewership by Colyn Montgomery, a Product Marketing Manager for Facebook Live:
- Preview Posts – Montgomery notes that a good way to raise awareness of your coming Facebook Live stream is to schedule an announcement post in Live Producer, which will then create a Facebook preview post that interested viewers can choose to get a reminder from.
- Crossposting – Montgomery also advises that users should look to crosspost to another Facebook Page where they can – be that of a guest on your live-stream or another, related Page that you control. “Crossposting allows you to post simultaneously to multiple Pages at once, and it looks like a native video to that Page, but the viewership is all aggregated, the statistics are all aggregated on that one video asset”